Sportsnet is Canada’s Home to the Return of Live NHL, MLB and NBA Action This Summer
– Sportsnet delivers exclusive national coverage of Stanley Cup Qualifiers & Playoffs and Toronto Blue Jays 60-game campaign across TV, radio and streaming platforms –
– Extensive broadcast schedule includes in-depth coverage of reigning NBA Champion Toronto Raptors’ title defence –
July 20, 2020 – Rinks are flooded, infields are groomed, and courts are polished – the stage is set for the return of the NHL, MLB and NBA on Sportsnet and SN NOW. As the only place in Canada to watch live action from all three major leagues, Sportsnet is ready to deliver every opening face-off, each first pitch and all key tip-offs across its TV, radio and streaming platforms starting this week.
The comeback begins on Friday, July 24 as the Toronto Blue Jays open their regular season campaign against the Tampa Bay Rays – the first of 60 Blue Jays games available only on Sportsnet. Next on the docket, the NHL makes its long-awaited return on Saturday, Aug. 1, exclusively on Sportsnet. From Stanley Cup Qualifiers to the hoisting of hockey’s Holy Grail, Sportsnet gives Canadians a front-row seat to every minute of every game from every hard-hitting series.
Rounding out its extensive live broadcast schedule, Sportsnet is hitting the court with the Toronto Raptors as they resume their regular season against LeBron James and the LA Lakers also on Saturday, Aug. 1. Five additional regular season games will be available on Sportsnet ONE and/or the Sportsnet Radio Network, leading up to the start of the 2020 NBA Playoffs and the Raptors’ title defence.
Broadcast schedules and channel allocations will be available in real time online at sportsnet.ca/schedule. Comprehensive details of Sportsnet’s exclusive coverage of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Toronto Blue Jays, plus in-depth coverage of the Toronto Raptors return, are outlined below.
As the stars of the NHL hit the ice in Toronto and Edmonton, Sportsnet will be rinkside to deliver every game-winning goal and jaw-dropping save along the road to the Stanley Cup with up to six games a day. Exclusive English-language coverage begins August 1 on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet Radio Network and livestreaming on SN NOW and NHL Live. Coverage on August 1 is as follows:
- NY Rangers @ Carolina, Game 1 – Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, SN NOW & NHL Live)
- Chicago @ Edmonton, Game 1 – 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT (Sportsnet, SN NOW & NHL Live | Sportsnet 590 The FAN & Sportsnet 650)
- Florida @ NY Islanders, Game 1 – 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE, SN NOW & NHL Live)
- Montreal @ Pittsburgh, Game 1 – 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, CBC, OMNI, SN NOW & NHL Live)
- Winnipeg @ Calgary, Game 1 – 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, CBC, SN NOW & NHL Live | Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN & Sportsnet 650)
Before the puck drops on Stanley Cup Qualifiers, fans can get their hockey fix with three all-Canadian exhibition games exclusively on Sportsnet and SN NOW:
- Tuesday, July 28 – Toronto @ Montreal, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
- Tuesday, July 28 – Calgary @ Edmonton, 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet 960 The FAN)
- Wednesday, July 29 – Winnipeg @ Vancouver, 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet 650)
- From Edmonton – Award-winning play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert makes his Sportsnet debut alongside game analyst Louie DeBrusk with the live call for the Western Conference qualifying series featuring Canadian teams
- From Toronto – Hockey Hall of Fame media honouree Jim Hughson and analyst Craig Simpson deliver the play-by-play call for Canadian teams vying for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference hub
- From the Hockey Central studio – Hosts Ron MacLean and David Amber anchor pre-, intermission, and post-game commentary with Sportsnet’s NHL Insiders and analysts: Elliotte Friedman, Kelly Hrudey, Brian Burke, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Colby Armstrong, Kevin Bieksa and Anthony Stewart
- In Punjabi – Harnarayan Singh, Randip Janda, Harpreet Pandher and Gurpreet Sian team up for select Saturday night games on Hockey Night in Canada: Punjabi Edition on OMNI Television
Blue Jays on Sportsnet
As the exclusive home of everything Blue Jays, Sportsnet delivers live wall-to-wall coverage of the 2020 season on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, SN NOW, and the Sportsnet Radio Network. The Blue Jays open their season with a three-game road series vs. the Tampa Bay Rays:
- Friday, July 24 – Toronto @ Tampa Bay, 5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network)
- Saturday, July 25 – Toronto @ Tampa Bay, 2:30 p.m. ET / 11:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network)
- Sunday, July 26 – Toronto @ Tampa Bay, 12:30 p.m. ET / 9:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW | Sportsnet Radio Network)
- From the ‘Booth’ – Dan Shulman calls the games with Buck Martinez breaking down the play
- From the Studio – Host Jamie Campbell and analyst Joe Siddall bookend each game on Blue Jays Central
- Remote Reporting – Hazel Mae and Arash Madani have the scoop on all things Blue Jays, along with remote analysis from Pat Tabler and Justin Morneau
- On Radio – Ben Wagner and Mike Wilner share the radio play-by-play call across the Sportsnet Radio Network
- In Tagalog – Andrea Aquino, Mike Cruz, Senen Salacup and Charles de Torres return to tee up Blue Jays: Pinoy Edition, Sunday afternoons on OMNI Television
Toronto Raptors on Sportsnet
The Champs are here! On August 1, the North makes their long-awaited return exclusively on Sportsnet ONE, SN NOW and Citytv. Additional regular season match-ups will also be available on Sportsnet ONE and/or the Sportsnet Radio Network prior to the start of the 2020 NBA Playoffs. The Raptors remaining regular season schedule on Sportsnet is as follows:
- Saturday, August 1 – LA Lakers @ Toronto, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE, Citytv & SN NOW)
- Monday, August 3 – Toronto @ Miami, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW | Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
- Wednesday, August 5 – Toronto @ Orlando, 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE & Sportsnet NOW)
- Friday, August 7 – Boston @ Toronto, 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT (680 News)
- Monday, August 10 – Toronto @ Milwaukee, 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW | Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
- Friday, August 14 – Denver @ Toronto, Time TBD (Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
Before the Raptors regular season resumes, fans can also catch them in action with a scrimmage against the Portland Trailblazers on Sunday, July 26 at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW.
Sportsnet’s TV and radio broadcast teams will provide end-to-end coverage of the reigning NBA Champions. Broadcast team details include:
- From the ‘Booth’ – Fan-favourite duo Matt Devlin and Leo Rautins deliver the play-by-play call
- From the Studio – Host Brad Fay, NBA insider Michael Grange and analyst Sherman Hamilton serve up in-depth insight
- Remote Reporting – Reporter Danielle Michaud and analysts Eric Smith and Alvin Williams contribute with Zoom updates and game-time reports
- On Radio – Smith and Paul Jones carry select Raptors games across the Sportsnet Radio Network
Sportsnet’s 2020 NBA Playoffs broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date, with start times and channel allocations updated online as confirmed at sportsnet.ca/schedule.